Finding the Right Financial Advisor
Finding the right advisor can seem like a scary task.
Following are 7 key characteristics of a great advisor-client relationship.
1. You Trust the Advisor
2. The Advisor Listens and Cares
3. The Advisor’s Expertise Is Deep and Wide
4. The Advisor Has Experience with Your Profession or Life Situation
- Attorneys need to pay special attention to quarterly tax payments, as well as tax issues that result from practicing in different states and internationally.
- Business owners may need help understanding the best pension plans for themselves and the insurance needed to shield them from business risks. Eventually, they may need advice for the big event of buying, expanding, or selling a business.
- Executives at large corporations need to manage the timing and amounts of company stock transactions. They are also extremely busy and need a resource that will handle their personal finances and be efficient with their time.
- Women tend to have a different view of wealth than men. They may need an advisor who will help them achieve goals that are meaningful to them.
5. The Advisor Plays Well with Others
6. The Advisor’s Fees Are Clear and Transparent
7. The Advisor Is a Forward-Looking Leader
Your relationship with your financial advisor is among the most important ones you may ever have, so take the time to find the right advisor for you. You deserve an advisor you trust implicitly, who listens and cares about you, and who has the right experience to serve your needs. An advisor with these essential qualities will be a great asset in looking out for your future and for the well-being of your family.